Saturday, August 25, 2012

Marinated Lamb Roast

Marinated Lamb Roast
The other day, I was at Costco and they were putting out these roasts of lamb.  They looked so good that I bought two.  I decided that no matter what the weather was like outdoors, I was turning on my oven and cooking a roast over the weekend. (Fortunately, the weather had cooled off that day).

In this particular recipe, I put the roast into a large ziploc bag and poured a marinade into the bag so that it covered the roast.  I let it sit for 2 hours and turned the bag over after 1 hour so that the juices could penetrate from both sides of the roast.


The meat was so juicy, tender and full of flavour and it tasted even better the next day.
MARINADE:
1 cup Oil
1/3 cup Vinegar
1 large Onion
4 cloves of Garlic
Juice of 1 freshly squeezed Lemon
Salt & Pepper
Greek Oregano
+ juice of freshly squeezed lemon 


9 comments:

  1. ıt is delicious..my husban will love this meal..he loves to eat lamb.ı love your marinada also..ı will try this marinade ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, I really love lamb. While I marinate kebobs, I've never marinated the entire roast. I'll have to give it a try. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome dish love lamb its my all time favorite

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing... and yes I so agree with Curt we love lamb in our house my favorite meat too! looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, I love roasted potatoes :D all the time as i am not a huge fan of red meat :D

    XoXo
    http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have me now in the mood for lamb!!!! Well done Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lamb! This looks divine! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never made a lamb roast and might have to reconsider it. It sounds like it would be great with the marinade~ Have a good day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ELLENNN WHERE ARE YOU..İS SOMETHİNG WRONG..NURŞEN

    ReplyDelete